Wednesday 28 October 2015

Arundel Castle and the peaceful toil

Intent

So a fortnight ago a quick visit to the South Downs and Arundel castle saw me come close to how I want to shoot. Slow down and look for the shoot I want. I have always felt that I am too rushed when out shooting. I can 'see' what I want. However, I always feel too rushed into firing the shutter.

It seemed that your man tending these gardens was a metaphor for how I had to approach my photography. As a keen balcony gardener, I enjoyed the anticipation of waiting for the seeds to germinate. I have the patience to wait for the seedling to spring up and shoot skyward. 

Seeing this fella slowly weed and looking so content gave me a moment to pause and think about my shooting. I walked around his position as he calmly went about his morning. I felt as calm as he appeared. I waited and looked and observed. I made a few exposures. And kept on looking for the 'one' I wanted.

Then, when I shot this one, I knew I had the shot I was looking for. 

et le travail du Seigneur


This was shot on my much loved FP4 plus in my little Leica iii(a), with my 35mm Color-Skopar and the Universal viewfinder from Leica. These were developed in some Adox APH-09 and scanned on a CanoScan 9000F.

Here are some of the 'sighting' shoots.




Thanks for having a look, and happy snapping. A

No comments:

Post a Comment